Top 10 reasons to attend WordCamp Fayetteville
Guess what, ladies? WordCamp Fayetteville is coming in July and we think that members of the Arkansas Women Bloggers should be there. WordCamp Fayetteville is the premier technology event in Arkansas. The 2012 conference is July 27-29 in Fayetteville and tickets are only $30.
WordCamp Fayetteville is planned entirely by a grassroots committee that is dedicated to helping make the blogging and website world a better place through the use of WordPress.
Here’s the cool part. Most of the people involved, from the planners to the participants, are not technology gurus. They are much like ARWB members in that they come from all walks of life and have varying technological skills and knowledge.
There are four tracks this year:
- WordPress 101 (Beginner)
- Content Creator (formerly the blogger track)
The whole idea of WordCamp Fayetteville is to learn how to make one’s blog or website better but we wanted to go into more detail about all the reasons ARWB members should register right now for WordCamp Fayetteville.
10. Bragging rights-you can say you went to a techie conference and impress all your friends with your smarts.
9. Food you don’t have to cook-the ticket price pays for a great catered lunch (we heard BBQ?) and access to the after party, which has even more fantastic food. Who wouldn’t want to come just for the food?
8. Iceberg-both the beginner’s track pre-conference session and the after party are being held at the Iceberg CoWorking Space in Fayetteville. This will be the perfect chance to check out the new venture and either join or see ideas for developing coworking space in your own area.
7. Get hired-in the previous two years of WordCamp Fayetteville, people have found new employment in various forms including jobs with sponsor companies, new ideas for businesses to start themselves or simply ways to improve and/or monetize their existing blogs.
6. Learn from others-the best part of WordCamp Fayetteville is all the learning that goes on and we don’t just mean in the sessions! People in the WordPress community love to share ideas, help each other troubleshoot problems and discuss their sites. The sessions themselves will be jam-packed with information that will take your WordPress and blogging skills to a whole new level!
5. Make new friends-folks come from all over Arkansas and the surrounding area for this. It’s a great chance to meet new people and make new buddies!
4. Put a face to the Twitter handle-we all have people we follow on Twitter whom we’ve never met in real life. This is the chance! Get to know people beyond the @ symbol (by the way, did we mention that the @wcfay is on Twitter also?).
3. Free stuff-there’s a growing number of raffles, give aways and other prizes that will be available throughout the day!
2. Make your site look/function better-WordCamp Fayetteville will teach skills that will help make your blog or your website function and look a lot more professional and that will help get more followers.
1. Blog brighter and better-the tagline for WordCamp Fayetteville is Blog Brighter! and we aren’t joking. Learn how to write better and attract a larger audience to your blog or website.