Facebook Fan pages are a great tool to grow your blog following and to interact with your readers on a more personal basis. Does your blog have a fan page yet? If not, THIS, is the perfect excuse for you to make one. Here are 10 reasons why you should have a Facebook Fan Page.
- Social Proof – A Facbook fan page provides legitimate proof that you are actually a REAL person!
- Authentic Interactions – Fan Pages allow you to interact and have conversations with your readers in a way very different than blog comments. You can even converse about topics not blog related! And…other people can join in on the conversation.
- Numbers – There are A LOT of people on Facebook! According to SocialBakers.com there are currently 167,554,700 Facebook users in the United States!
- Familiarity – 167,554,700 people have heard of Facebook and nearly all of those have “liked” a fan page. You are probably more likely to have people find your blog through your fan page than to find your fan page through your blog!
- Separation – Your kids are adorable! I swear! But I like your blog because you have great crafting ideas! I don’t really want to see a thousand updates a day about all the cute things your sweet precious child has done. (A fan page let’s you have a place where you can be more about “business” and a little less about personal!)
- Customization – Fan Pages are REALLY customizable! There are a lot of online tutorials to help you customize your page. You can coordinate it with your blog and other online social media outlets. This creates brand recognition.
- Marketing – Most of us are looking to (someday, somehow) make a little money from our blog. Companies always ask us about numbers. What are your site analytics? How many twitter followers do you have? How many Facebook followers do you have?
- Community Influence – If you can involve a few followers and keep them happy – they have the ability to influence an exponential number of people to also follow your blog and fan page.
- SEO – SEO is based on relevence and authority. Facebook wont directly effect SEO but building strong social media commuunities can help increase your level of relevence and authority. Google pays lot of attention to links and social signals from Facebook.
- Price – It’s FREE!
Today we are giving you the chance to link to your facebook fan page in the LinkyTool. We also want to encourage you to follow the other bloggers who link up today. Additionally, since it is Thanksgiving and we are in a sharing mood, we invite you to promote two of your bloggy buddies on your own fan page by inviting your followers to follow them!
Please post a link DIRECTLY TO YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE and not a link to a post on your blog.