We hope you enjoyed the Kick-Start My Blog challenge over the last five days!
With resolutions, vows to turn over a new leaf, worrying about “one little word” and the aftermath of the holiday season and January blues, we know that this can be an overwhelming month. Julie devised this “teaser” challenge to help you ease your blog into the new year. Hopefully, you learned how easy it is to make very small but very effective changes that drastically improve your blog.
The fun continues in the coming months – we’ll be running a series on blog crushes (keep that list you made yesterday handy!) and doing a little blogger matchmaking in February, and then kicking off our full-fledged Better Your Blog series in March.
You’ll also note a few changes around the Arkansas Women Bloggers site – just like you, we wanted to kick-start our (your!) blog and make improvements for the new year. Here are a few things you can look forward to throughout 2013:
- Our new editorial calendar announcing themes for the year – check out the sidebar for what is coming up!
- Our Blogger of the Month series will now run consistently on Mondays, and will continue to feature members of Arkansas Women Bloggers from throughout the state.
- In March, we’ll kick-off a new Wordless Wednesday series – we welcome your photo submissions! Our 2013 theme is Fall in Love with Arkansas. Watch for some photography tips next week from the extraordinary SaraBeth Jones!
- Throughout 2013, we’ll stick with monthly themes here on the site. Our Thursday Theme posts will explore each of the themes (which are outlined on the editorial calendar).
- We’ll tie some of these monthly themes into our Foodie Friday series. You’ll also note that many of our foodie posts will relate to that month’s holidays and commemorative dates. It will be fun!
- We’ll continue our Sunday Link-Up Parties throughout the year, and we always welcome you to stop by Arkansas Women Bloggers to share your favorite posts with us and your fellow bloggers!
We hope you enjoy all of these changes and the continued evolution of Arkansas Women Bloggers. If you have not already, be sure to visit our newly-launched sister site: Oklahoma Women Bloggers! We have several additional sites in the works and plenty of other exciting updates to share with you this year.
And, of course: what year would be complete without Arkansas Women Bloggers Unplugged? We are so pleased to share with you that for our third annual blogger conference we are going back to camp again – literally! For now, all we can tell you is that you are NOT going to want to miss it, so please mark your calendar to join us on September 13 - 15 and stay tuned for the specifics - you are not going to believe the ridiculous fun and shenanigans we have in store for you at #AWBU 2013! All the details are coming soon – and you can read about #AWBU 2012 if you are wondering why grown women all over Arkansas enthusiastically go “back to camp” every year!