My Southern Recipes
When I first started blogging, November 2011, I added my favorite southern recipes. After all, I am from the south. I quickly realized that I did not have time to fix complicated recipes, blog about them nor did my readers have time to make them.
My Real Problem Putting Dinner On The Table Quickly
My real problem was putting dinner on the table or entertaining others with incredibly delicious but easy quick recipes. I love southern food, but it is the quick and easy recipes that solved my biggest problem. Cooking when you have little time to spend in the kitchen. You know what I mean! When you have a hungry family, including teens, children, and grandchildren you need something quick easy and filling to feed them. Life is busy, and life can be stressful.
Recipes For Our Daily Bread and Our American Travels are personal blogs written and edited by Diane Roark. Recipes For Our Daily Bread is where I blog about easy recipes to help you put dinner on the table quickly. Our American Travels is where I blog about family fun travel ideas in America. You can reach me with the email link at the bottom of this page.
By giving my readers weekly menus, easy recipes with simple ingredients and often video instructions, they can feed their family in thirty minutes. This includes holiday recipes to celebrate every season too. Hopefully, they will not cringe when someone says “What’s For Dinner”? “What can I make to take”? They will say no problem. I can whip up some ___________.
Where Am I From?
My name is Diane Roark. Alabama is where I was born. I have lived all over the South including Tennessee, Louisiana, and Georgia. Currently, I live near Little Rock, Arkansas.
My husband and I have been married since August 1984. We have five children between the ages of 13 and 24. Our twin boys are named Casey and Caleb. You will hear me talk about Caleb often. He was born with a brain bleed and has had seventeen brain surgeries. Caleb has cerebral palsy, seizures, processing problems and rarely speaks. You can read more about Caleb here. Our youngest two children are adopted from Eastern Europe at ages four and seven years old. They have many struggles themselves.
Growing up, my mom walked out and left our family when I was thirteen. I learned quickly how to cook easy recipes and still love them today. My blog is all about helping others prepare easy recipes to help put dinner on the table quickly. I love my cast iron skillet, Crockpot, and one pot meals. Cooking healthy is always a goal for me, but you will find the delicious southern recipes on my blog too.
I am passionate about faith, family, food, travel, photography, and food competitions. My blogs are used to encourage others. I believe that the best advertisement for a product is word of mouth. If I am looking to purchase a new product, I search for someone who has used the product to give me their opinion.
Food Competitions I Have Placed In This Year
3rd PLACE AT WORLD FOOD CHAMPIONSHIPS in Desserts
- November 2017, I competed in the World Food Championships in Desserts. God opened up the doors and overwhelmed me. After the first and seconds rounds, I finished not only in first place but had a perfect score on my first dessert. This was my first time competing at the World Food Championships. I had no idea I would do well enough to place in the top 10 in the World so I was not prepared for a third recipe. My third dessert placed well enough to finish fourth with gave me an overall third place finish. READ THE FULL DETAILS
- In May 2017, I was a Finalist on the TODAY SHOW for top dessert category in the Ultimate Cookoff Contest. Read all about my TODAY SHOW experience.
- May 2017, I was a featured on the TODAY SHOW FOOD CLUB Breakfast Challenge.
- In June 2017, I was a Finalist on KARK news in Little Rock with the top four BBQ recipes in Arkansas.
- July 2017, Recipe Lion had a contest called Summer Potluck Recipe Challenge; I was a top 10 Finalist with TWO of my recipes.
- In October 2017, I was a top 10 Finalist at the National Banana Pudding Contest championship.
Recipes For Our Daily Bread was started November 2011, and Our American Travels was started November 2015. Travel posts on Recipes For Our Daily Bread were moved to Our American Travels in November 2015.
Please Help My Blog, Recipes For Our Daily Bread, Grow
- Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
- Follow my travel blog, Our American Travels on Social Media
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread By Receiving The Newsletters
I would love for you to follow my blogs! I send out weekly emails whenever new posts are added to my blogs and what is happening behind the scenes.