It’s Ramona! I’m excited to be the featured blogger for the month of March. I am the Founder and Chief Content Creator of Addicted to Fries, a personal/lifestyle blog. My blog is my life…one post at a time. I started blogging in March 2007 on Blogger. I eventually moved to WordPress.com, and then to my current self-hosted site which I launched 2014. I have always blogged about the happenings in my life, from online dating to my weight loss journey to my favorite foods…and of course french fries.
Currently, I blog for fun. However, I would like to evolve my site into a platform to help others with digital marketing and social media. I’m still working on what that will look like exactly. Stay tuned! I found the Arkansas Women Bloggers group through my blogging friends in Little Rock. I watched the activity from a distance for many months before officially uniting with the group a few years ago. Since that time I’ve made new friends, attended great conferences and created lasting memories online and IRL – in real life.
Let me tell you a little bit more about who I am and what I love. Here are 7 things you may not know about me.
- I grew up in Central Arkansas. I was born in Monticello (in Southeast Arkansas) and was raised in Sherwood, AR. I enjoyed my childhood and had a wonderful time playing games in our cul-de-sac and catching tadpoles in the creek behind our house.
- I am the oldest of 3 children and the only girl. As the oldest child, it was my obligation to not only set an example for my younger brothers, but to also tell them what to do! Isn’t that what the oldest siblings are made for; it’s our duty.
- I lived on an island…Long Island. I am proud to say that I was a resident of the NYC metro area. I lived in Nassau County for three years on the top level of a single family home in a one-bedroom apartment. I worked in a park for nonprofit organization. I enjoyed my time on Long Island, and I think of it often.
- I have been to Paris, but I didn’t leave the [Charles de Gaulle] airport. I could see the city in the distance as we landed. I was there for 4 hours on a layover on my return flight to New York City from Istanbul, Turkey. Side note: The French Security Authority confiscated my Turkish wine, and my hopes of starting an international wine collection were quickly squashed.
- I took six years of French between high school and college…SIX YEARS. However, I couldn’t understand one word [of French] from the Air France flight attendants on my Parisian flight to NYC. I repeat, I took six years of this language.
- I love to write. I have a degree from the University of Arkansas in journalism, and I wrote my first book in the 5th grade. I still have this self-published masterpiece (somewhere). And, by self-published I mean produced with cardboard, construction paper and lined notebook paper and cursive writing. I was creative, if nothing else.
- One of my dream jobs is to be a scriptwriter for a television show. I took a scriptwriting class where I created a sample concept for the current TV drama “Castle.” I plan to continue pursuing this dream with more courses and training.
I look forward to sharing more during this month. You can find me on social media or on my blog.
Facebook Profile: http://facebook.com/ramonadcollins
Facebook Blog Page: http://facebook.com/AddictedtoFriesBlog
Twitter Profile: http://twitter.com/monaspoeticwax