Meet the ARWB Gals
#ARWB Leadership Team Profiles
Why do we always say #ARWB? ‘Cause we’re on the Twitter and that’s the hashtag for Arkansas Women Bloggers! Join us!
If you find yourself with loads of spare time on your hands and would like to learn more about the Arkansas Women Bloggers leadership team, fret no more: read on for 15 Questions with each of the leading ladies…
Stephanie Buckley- Founder & Public Relations Princess
- Born: Meridian, MS, a sweet magnolia from the magnolia state. And, a steel magnolia when need-be.
- Raised: 5th Generation Meridianite, until I bolted for college. Great place to be from, a place where your bosoms can be fake, your smile can be fake, and your hair color fake, but your pearls and silver must always be real.
- Lineage: Mississippi-bred Southern Belle who knows what “Bless Your Heart” really means.
- Educated: University of Southern Mississippi, B.A. in Journalism, emphasis Public Relations, Minor: Spanish (I really wish I would have paid more attention to that now)
- Hubs: The extraordinary park ranger, who really is not a park ranger, he is a park superintendent, but, he wears a brown uniform and sometimes a gun, in a holster, and a bullet proof vest. These senior tour bus groups can be a gnarly bunch.
- Responsible for: Saving the world, well, not really my Jesus already did that, but He has given me two little guys who I am charged with raising to be warriors that seek the face and heart of God, as they learn to wield a sword and conquer the ugly in this grand adventure called life.
- Day job: Wife, homeschool mom, small farmer, city council member, farmers’ market manager, freelance writer, and maker of cool things out of refrigerator boxes.
- Blog(s): I am known as The Park Wife in the web world, of course, that is not my real name, I just pretend it is. It’s fun, and a little crazy. Yep, that about sums me up. I started blogging in 2007 as a way to express my inner writer and connect with… I really had no idea. I liked getting comments. Plus, The Pioneer Woman had a blog, I thought it was cool… badah-boom-badah-bing…The Park Wife.
- Other passions: Did I mention that I am married to a HOT park ranger? There’s my passion girls.
- Favorite author/books: List of books on my desk right now: The Help, Local Flavors by Deborah Madison, The Penguin Complete Novels of Jane Austen, Crazy Love, The Encyclopedia of Country Living, Janet Evanovich How I Write, and The Pioneer Woman Black Heels to Tractor Wheels and her cookbook that she signed for me to give away on this blog soon!!!
- Favorite blogs: The Pioneer Woman (of course) BooMama (because I went to high school with her and she is a genuine, beautiful soul), Eat2Gather (my soul sistah), and blogs of my fellow ARWB gals.
- Dream vacation: Small Italian village where I can grow a garden and have an 80-year-old Italian woman teach me all she knows about cooking and life.
- On the Twitter: @parkwife
- Where else to find her: At the Farmers’ Market, oh the virtual world, I love me some Pinterest, and can not give up my Facebook addiction (I have tried…repeatedly).
- What to contact her about: PR opportunities, ideas for your company or brand to collaborate with ARWB, product offerings for our member bloggers, event partnerships or just to seek counsel for your blog.
Julie Kohl – Content Cultivator & Calendar Girl
- Born: In the Nutmeg State.
- Raised: In a barn…well not really but my dad would always ask me if I was when I would leave the front door wide open (a habit I still have to this day!) I grew up in the Green Mountain State.
- Lineage: Since moving down south I have been constantly informed that I am a Yankee. At first I was offended by the way people said it but now I am proud of it! My dad was also a “Nutmegger” and my mother hails from the Garden State.
- Educated: BA in Education – Harding University; BA in Art –Harding University; Masters in Gifted and Talented – Arkansas State University
- Hubs: Richie – he teaches Gifted and Talented students in Bradford. He is the love of my life and the best guy I have ever met. Honestly, I feel bad for all the other women out there that I snagged him up before they could!
- Responsible for: Cooking, cleaning, gardening, chickens and more! Pretty much if it needs to be done I am
responsible for doing it or at least telling my husband to do it!
- Day job: I get to play with paint, markers, crayons and clay all day! I am the 5-12 Grade Art Teacher at the Bald Knob School District.
- Blog(s): Eggs and Herbs…where creativity meets the farm and The Renegade Farmer - (Contributing Author)
- Other passions: Arkansas Chess Association, Reading, Crafting, Writing, Painting, Art Journals and Zentangle
- Favorite author/books: Laura Ingalls Wilder, Carl Hiaasen, E.B. White, Kristen Hannah
I enjoy books about cooking, pioneering and mysteries.
- Favorite blogs: Deep Space Sparkle , Desperately Seeking Gina - (A fellow #ARWB member!), Art with Mr. E, Daisy Yellow, Tasty Kitchen , Artsyville
- Dream vacation: I love anywhere I can go to be with my husband but my absolute favorite vacation destination is the Holiday Inn Resort in Panama City Beach, Florida. It is fun, beautiful, romantic and relaxing. We always have a good time there!
- On the Twitter: @eggsandherbs
- Where else to find her: Facbook and Pinterest
- What to contact her about: Guest Blogging Submissions, Blogger of the Month
Beth Stephens – Marketing Maven
- Born: Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Raised: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Suriname (Dutch Guinea), South America; Kingston, Jamaica; Wenatchee, Washington – you know, the state; all over Arkansas. I’m exhausted just thinking about it.
- Lineage: Irish & French ancestors led to a Mayberry-craving world traveler with deep Arkansas roots.
- Educated: Southern Arkansas University, Université de Bourgogne, University of Arkansas.
- Hubs: Fred – biologist, chemist, super Dad and all-around cool guy with mad skills. More: A Cutting Confession.
- Responsible for: Two daughters (Sophie & Ainsley), a beagle named Ginger and two cats. And formerly, two ducks (RIP).
- Day job: Marketing, PR, social media, blogs & freelance writing through Magpie Marketing and Porch Swing Marketing.
- Blog(s): The Little Magpie and The Food Adventuress.
- Other passions: Historic Downtown Rogers, the Women’s Foundation of Arkansas, Northwest Arkansas Emerging Leaders, lover of all things made in Arkansas, writing/blogging, marketing and social media hound, mountain biking/outdoor/green enthusiast.
- Favorite author/books: Hemingway/The Old Man and the Sea & A Moveable Feast, Steinbeck, anything by Peter Mayle, Márquez/Love in the Time of Cholera. Did I mention that I adore Hemingway? I do.
- Favorite blogs: Catherine et les fées, nwaFoodie, Practically Green, Seth Godin’s blog, Simple Mom
- Dream vacation: With hubs to Ireland, Tahiti or Côte d’Azur/French Riviera
- On the Twitter: @BethanyStephens
- Where else to find her: LinkedIn, GoodReads and Pinterest. Honestly, it’s a little out of control. Don’t tell me about any new social media options. K thx.
- What to contact her about: Marketing, advertising, corporate partnerships, sponsorships, the next big idea.
A huge thanks and many jewels in her crown for keeping us all straight is the extraordinary Fawn Reckhemmer, Insteadofthedishes.com, MOMcation.org, and 4rechs.wordpress.com. Even though she has moved back to her home state of Missouri, she will always hold a special place in the Arkansas Women Blogger world. Thank you for being you and everything you did for ARWB Fawn!